phone: 202 630 8439
Advertise on Indianz.Com
Home > News > Headlines
Friday, September 5, 2008
Filed Under: Law
"On September 29, 2008, the Supreme Court will convene for what is known as the long conference. Here is where the Court meets privately to make decisions on the summer backlog of cert petitions. There are EIGHT Indian law-related cert petitions scheduled for review in the long conference. There is a very good chance that one or more of these petitions will be granted.
1. Hawaii v. Office of Indian Affairs (07-1372)
This petition has a fairly good chance to be granted.
2. Ho-Chunk Nation v. Wisconsin (07-1402)
I don’t think this one has much chance to be granted.
3. Kemp v. Osage Nation (07-1484)
This has a fairly good chance of being granted, too, but maybe not as good as the Hawaii case.
4. Kickapoo v. Texas (07-1109)
This one has a slight chance for a grant.
5. Klamath Tribes v. PacificCorp (07-1492)
This one has no chance.
6. Matheson v. Gregoire (08-23)
Again, no chance.
7. South Fork Band v. United States (08-100, 08-231)
8. United States v. Navajo Nation (07-1410)
Very, very good chance for a grant."Get the Story:
2008 Term Preview: The Long Conference — September 29, 2008 (Turtle Talk 9/4)
Copyright © Indianz.Com
Arts & Entertainment |
Cobell Lawsuit |
Federal Recognition |
Federal Register |
Indian Gaming |
Indian Trust |
Jack Abramoff Scandal |
Jobs & Notices |
Indianz.Com Terms of Service |
About Indianz.Com | Advertise on Indianz.Com Indianz.Com is a product of Noble Savage Media, LLC and Ho-Chunk, Inc.