Cortina Rancheria Band of Wintun Indians | Tribal Office
570 6th Street | Williams, CA 95987-1630
Salary + Benefits
Performs or supervises all administrative functions of the Cortina Rancheria Band of Wintun Indians operations. The position demands good interpersonal and written communication skills. Job applicant must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Works cooperatively with, and is supervised by the Tribal Chairperson during day to day operations. The Tribal Administrator is directly accountable to the Cortina Rancheria Business Committee (“Tribal Council”). In developing and implementing strategic planning and overall tribal policy.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Correspond with granting agencies or organizations, as required
2) Prepare required grant reports in a timely manner
3) Maintain, organize and complete grant files
4) Keep Council informed of correspondence needing the Council’s attention
5) Keep Council and Staff informed about training opportunities
6) Monitor award budgets and expenses
7) Approve grant related purchases
8) Review and approve times-sheets
9) Advertise job Openings
10) Assign tasks to Administrative Staff
11) Review funding opportunities and seek grant proposals
12) Seek ongoing training in areas of reporting requirements and grant writing
13) Be aware of tribal community needs and prioritize development when directed
14) Prioritize administrative goals monthly
15) Prioritize tasks, daily
16) Develop tribal resolutions and maintain resolution numbers log
17) Attend Council meetings, coordinate training for Council Members, and
report monthly to Council on activities, employee issues and grant award progress.
Perform other related duties as assigned
1) High School Diploma or GED
2) Two Year Degree in Public or Business Administration preferred
3) In Lieu of Formal Education at least (4) years' experience in Business Management and Tribal Government Administration.
4) Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
5) Previous work experience in office management, including supervision of staff,
6) Knowledge of BIA 638 Contracting Regulations
7) NAHASDA, Indian Housing Plan and APR experience
8) Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and reconciliation preferred
9) Ability to calculate and develop budgets necessary
10) Previous grant writing experience helpful
11) Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
12) At least (3) references from previous employers
This position will supervise Tribal Administrative Staff, the Director of Environmental Programs and other employees as necessary.
Mostly sedentary position; some travel required; Incumbent must be able to lift, carry, push and pull
at least 20 pounds. Incumbent must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a busy and
sometimes stressful environment.
Job applicant must be organized and timely; good public relation skills are essential in working with
tribal membership and general public; must be flexible to adapt to evolving work duties; must be
able to work independently with limited supervision; and must be able to maintain confidentiality.
*Preference given to qualified American Indians in accordance with the Indian Preference Act. Applicants claiming Indian Preference will be required to submit verification of Indian heritage documentation certificated by respective tribe of affiliation.*
Interested applicants should mail a cover letter and resume to: Cortina Rancheria Band of Wintun Indians, ATTN: Charlie Wright, Tribal Chairman @ P.O. Box 1630 Williams, California 95987.