Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Location: Bellevue, NE
Reports to: Director of Legal Department
Status: Full Time, Salary
The Legal Department seeks a Corporate Counsel in the Bellevue office. This position will provide legal counsel, advice, guidance, and services to all of Ho-Chunk, Inc.'s various business entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic legal advice to Director and management as assigned.
• Provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
• Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
• Prepare memorandums, organizational and transactional documents, formal letters, and draft other documents as assigned by Director and top management.
• Review personnel files and statements to provide legal advice to the Human Resources department and management of the company
• Work directly with our real estate company on complex transactions.
• Evaluate and mitigate risks strategically
• Communicate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients) concerning legal issues
• Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
• Provide advice on complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
• Judge the merits of legal issues and work with the Director to define strategy
• Keep abreast of legislative changes as they pertain to Ho-Chunk Inc. businesses and corporate strategies.
• Respond and provide comments to the Native American Contractors Association and Federal Register on proposed rules, senate testimony, laws, and regulatory changes that affect the company
• Provide guidance and assistance on internal and external audits and investigations
• Oversee the entity registration process
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Overall broad legal knowledge with a focus on corporate law, real estate, labor laws, federal regulations, transactions, and government contracting law.
• Understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
• Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
• Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Excellent judgment and analytical skills
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills
• Forward thinking and planning to meet changing business objectives and environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• JD degree from an accredited law school is required and licensed to practice law in any state
• 3+ years of legal experience in business environment
• MBA or other business degree will be considered an asset
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
For information or to submit applications, contact:
HCI Human Resources @ 1-402-614-4334 or
1404 Fort Crook Road South
Bellevue, NE 680005
Under Federal Law, all qualified Indian applicants will receive preference over non-Indian applicants. In the absence of qualified Indian applicants, consideration shall be given to applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status or veteran status, the presence of non-related medical condition or handicap, or other legally protected status. Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company