Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Announcement Number: NIGC-8000-17-EW-002(EXC)
Salary Range: $79,720.00 to $103,639.00/Per Year
Duty Locations: Washington, DC
Open Period: Friday, January 20, 2017 to Monday January 30, 2017
The Commission’s primary mission is to work within the framework created by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) for the regulation of gaming activities conducted by tribes on Indian lands to fully realize IGRA’s goals: (1) promoting tribal economic development, self-sufficiency and strong tribal governments; (2) maintaining the integrity of the Indian gaming industry; and (3) ensuring that tribes are the primary beneficiaries of their gaming activities.
This Financial Analyst position is located in the NIGC Headquarters at Washington, DC and works under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance. The incumbent will review and analyze complex financial data, reconcile general ledger, coordinate budget process, calculate fees and various user charge rates, and prepare reports and analyses which are critical to the agency’s financial operations. The incumbent may work with various Divisions and other programs of the agency to carry out duties.
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with the Audit group to analyze gross gaming revenue (GGR) data, ensure data integrity and accuracy; summarizes & performs trending analysis, and prepares charts for the presentation of gross gaming revenue numbers; assists in the draft of annual gaming revenue press release.
• Works with the agency’s Accountant to reconcile general ledger information, analyze fee collection and expense details, confirm actual carryover balance to project fiscal year ending carryover balance; assists in preliminary/final fee rate calculation and analysis to meet the statutory deadlines.
• Calculates background investigation billing rate every year, including collecting and analyzing all costs associated with background investigations, tracking actual billing hours, and calculating hourly rate to ensure full-recovery of the agency’s costs for conducting background investigations.
• Tracks Time & Expenses report submitted by the financial background investigators; updates and maintains the background investigation billing spreadsheet; works with Accountant to reconcile BillQuick and issues invoices; monitors background investigator’s billed hours to analyze individual/group utilization rate every month and submit to Director of Finance for review.
• Works with fingerprint processing team to analyze FBI charges; allocates agency’s overhead expenses and calculates fingerprint billing rates twice a year; submits information to Director of Finance for the publication of fingerprint rate prior to the statutory deadlines.
• Responsible for annual budget process, including template preparation & distribution, budget consolidation, budget submissions analysis and finalization; works with functional areas to review data and resolve issues; provides year-over-year actual vs budget comparison analysis; assists in the preparation of final budget presentation package to the Commission.
• Assists in the short- and long-term forecast and financial planning process as requested by DOI/OMB; reviews and discusses information with the Director of Finance prior to submission; submits financial reporting to DOI/OMB (after approval by the Director of Finance) in a timely fashion.
• Assists in the annual Green Book submission process, including working closely with DOI to understand requirements and resolve discrepancies; performing analysis and submitting reports to meet all DOI/OMB timelines; acting as the agency’s liaison between the DOI and OMB’s Budget Offices.
• Maintains and updates NIGC data in the FedDebt system; tracks and updates NIGC civil fines receivable report to reflect receipts & adjustments each quarter.
• Assists in the agency’s new accounting software conversion & implementation project.
• Assists in the agency’s internal & external audit process.
• Performs ad-hoc financial analyses.
• Performs other duties as required.
How to Apply
Your complete application, including required documents, must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. To apply on-line, you must complete and submit an application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://www.usajobs.gov. To begin, click the Apply Online button near the bottom of this screen and follow the prompts to register into your USAJOBS account, answer the questions, and submit all required documents. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at www.usajobs.gov and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select Apply Online to continue. For details, go to this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/462936200