Home > Indian Gaming

Nottawaseppi Huron Band invests casino funds in unique project


Filed Under: Openings and Closings | Public Relations
More on: food, jamie stucky, michigan, nhbpi
     
   

From left: Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Tribal Council Sergeant-at-Arms Homer A. Mandoka, Tribal Vice Chair, Dorie Rios, Tribal Chairman Jamie Stuck, Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder, Battle Creek Mayor Dave Walters, Tribal Secretary Christine Lanning,Tribal Treasurer Tony Day and FireKeepers Executive Chef and VP of Food & Beverage Michael McFarlen. Photo: Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi

The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi opened the doors to a new community project that became a reality thanks to the tribe's successful casino.

The Fire Hub in Battle Creek, Michigan, consists of a restaurant and a pantry. The tribe will donate 80 percent of restaurant profits to local charities and reinvest the remaining 20 percent in the property. The Kendall Street Pantry, meanwhile, will assist people in need.

“The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi is honored to lead this amazing community initiative,” Chairman Jamie Stuck said in a press release on Wednesday. “We can deliver the region’s best casino resort product while simultaneously improving the lives of local residents.”

The Fire Hub is located in a restored fire station. It's about 7 miles from the FireKeepers Casino Hotel.

Read More on the Story:
The Fire Hub opens (The Battle Creek Enquirer 4/19)
FireKeepers’ new Fire Hub restaurant benefits community (WOOD 4/19)
Gov. Snyder in West Michigan to unveil new investment in Battle Creek (WWMT 4/19)
New restaurant in Battle Creek a hot ticket (WIN 98.5 4/20)

Related Stories:
Nottawaseppi Huron Band puts casino food to good use at pantry(November 14, 2016)

Stay Connected

On Facebook

On Twitter

On Google+

On SoundCloud

Archive

2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004

Advertisement

Home | Arts & Entertainment | Business | Canada | Cobell Lawsuit | Education | Environment | Federal Recognition | Federal Register | Forum | Health | Humor | Indian Gaming | Indian Trust | Jack Abramoff Scandal | Jobs & Notices | Law | National | News | Opinion | Politics | Sports | Technology | World

Indianz.Com Terms of Service | Indianz.Com Privacy Policy
About Indianz.Com | Advertise on Indianz.Com

Indianz.Com is a product of Noble Savage Media, LLC and Ho-Chunk, Inc.