Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel - General ManagerPosted On: June 2, 2017
Chitimacha Tribal Council
The Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana is seeking to recruit a General Manager to direct and oversee the operations of the Tribe’s Cypress Bayou Casino and Hotel (facilities). It is the Tribe’s desire to have the facilities managed by an internal management team led by a seasoned industry executive and is seeking qualified candidates for the General Manger position.
The executive will be responsible for directing all aspects of the casino and hotel operations, as well as enforcing gaming regulations, and maintaining positive and effective relations with the Tribal Council and tribal member’s as well as local, state and federal authorities. The executive will also be responsible for budgeting and controlling expenses as well as developing, training and managing staff to meet and exceed performance expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Chitimacha Tribal Council, this position is responsible for directing, administering and coordinating the daily activities of the Tribe’s casino and hotel facilities, in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by the Tribe. Directs all casino and hotel operations, including but not limited to slot operations, table games, hotel operations, marketing, security, food and beverage, finance and administration, and maintenance departments.
- Prepares annual budget for submission to Tribal Council.
- Ensures compliance with the National Indian Gaming Commission minimum internal control standards, the Chitimacha Tribe’s gaming ordinances, the State of Louisiana Tribal Compact and any other rules and policies within standards established by the Tribal Council and Chitimacha Gaming Commission.
- Protects company assets as directed and directs the maintenance of the upkeep of the physical property.
- The General Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities in the area of management policy, internal control reviews and records management, financial management, personnel management and administrative services.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: Exercises authority to hire, fire, suspend or discipline personnel and ensure the efficient and productive performance of their duties.
- Establishes and maintains positive work morale and effective employee relations.
- Directs staff in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and good customer service skills with all customers and team members.
- Develops a multi-year capital expense plan within limits established by the Tribal Council, approves or denies capital expense requests.
- Submits request over prearranged limits for Tribal Council approval if it deems such request is appropriate.
- Provides monthly administrative reports to the Tribal Council.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to pass a State Police background investigation and be state certified and to obtain a Key Gaming license through the Chitimacha Gaming Commission.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Four year degree in business administration and/or business management or closely related field. Minimum 10 years of experience in the gaming industry with at least five years in a General Manager or senior management position. Demonstrated success in helping gaming properties improve operating results.
- Extensive knowledge of gaming and hospitality operations, including but not limited to slot and table game operations, hotel, food and beverage and marketing. Prior Native American experience preferred.
- Strong administrative, leadership, organizational and communication skills as well as sensitivity to Indian culture.
- Knowledge of capabilities of computer software as it relates to customer database management and analysis and strong marketing skills.
This is a salaried position that will participate in a performance based bonus plan.
- Salary will be market driven and based upon experience;
- As part of the compensation package, an exceptional benefit package is offered including, medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401k options and more.
Interested applicants can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Human Resources Department at 230 Chitimacha Loop, Charenton, LA. Resumes are accepted: Monday–Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m. Deadline for submission: Friday, July 07, 2017.