Law Firm Billing SpecialistFacebook Twitter Google+
Posted On: June 29, 2017
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP is a nationwide law firm dedicated to the representation of American Indian tribes and organizations. We represent tribes and tribal entities in a wide spectrum of services including business transactions, litigation and governmental affairs, in many forums, including federal, state, and tribal courts.
The Law Firm Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of drafting, finalizing all client invoices, and preparing reports for the Firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with Partners , Attorneys, and Staff to manage time entries, edits, adjustments,
write-downs, rate management, and mailing or e-mailing of invoices using the ProLaw/Elite billing system;
• Ensure that all invoices are submitted timely;
• Preparation and processing of high quality invoices; Perform override calculations and changes; Initiate requests for supporting documentation and review for accuracy; Monitor and follow-up on invoices after they have been sent;
• Create welcome letter and packet for new clients;
• Proactively work with clients and attorneys to administer billing responsibilities and to resolve billing questions and/or concerns;
• Assist with accounts receivables; Work with Partners and Firm Controller to actively address aged and/or unbilled fees and costs;
• Assist collections with identification of accounts; Track and apply trust balances as applicable;
• Provide basic billing/timekeeping data; Generate billing reports that include charts, tables, graphs, analysis and recommendations;
• Assist attorneys and staff at all FPM office locations regarding various aspects of the billing cycle, including time entry and reminders;
• Work closely with Law Firm Controller in all areas of billing and accounts receivable;
• College degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
• Minimum of 2 years billing experience, prefer in a law firm environment;
• Detailed oriented and organized;
• Proven understanding how billing and accounts receivable affects the Company;
• Electronic billing experience in a law firm setting is preferred; ProLaw or Juris experience is preferred;
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office particularly Excel;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to prioritize effectively; Deadline driven;
• Proactive problem solver; Client and Company focused.
Your contributions are rewarded with a “Total Compensation Package” including a competitive hourly wage, bonus potential, and excellent Firm paid benefits.
E-mail your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements today! Submissions without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be accepted. Ann Hacker, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com
We will be accepting applications through July 15, 2017