REDCO Seeking Enthusiastic, Driven Employee for: Agricultural Manager and PlannerFacebook Twitter Google+
Posted On: January 12, 2018
REDCO Seeking Enthusiastic, Driven Employee for: Agricultural Manager and Planner
Salary based on education, qualifications, experience, and salary history.
• Supervise all steps of crop and ranging process, i.e. planting, fertilizing, harvesting, and herding.
• Determine how to raise crops or livestock by evaluating factors such as market conditions, pests, disease, soil conditions, and the availability of federal programs for farm and ranch subsidies.
• Recruiting, training/instructing, supervising and directing farm worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and recordkeeping.
• Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards.
• Maintaining, budgeting, and recording accurate financial records, tax, production, and employee information.
• Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
• Develop long term agricultural plans according to identified priorities, available assets, and market condition.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree in agricultural, horticultural, land or animal management, agronomy, or a related subject, advanced degree preferred. Applicant should have 5 years of management experience and 6-10 years of hands-on agriculture experience. Applicant should also have knowledge and
expertise in land management and agricultural management best practices, along with familiarity of farm and ranch subsidies programs.
Applicant must possess strong work ethics and a commitment to sustainable land management. Must be computer literate, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and present valid problem resolution. Must be able to pass a background check.