Muckleshoot Casino - TDP Sr. SpecialistFacebook Twitter Google+ Email
Posted: July 12, 2018
Responsible for examining a variety of factors, e.g., assessments, to determine Participant development needs and career path options. Plans, designs, organizes, prepares and delivers professional development programs to address wide variety of needs for TDP Participants. Advises Participants regarding career interests, strategies and related matters including personal and professional development. Coordinates and assists in job readiness and career path exploration.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
1. Promote, maintain and support the Vision, Mission and Core Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Take an active role in the administration and implementation of the TDP including, but not limited to, identifying career interests, performing assessments, developing training tracks, coordination and facilitation of TDP meetings and events, and any other related activities.
3. Serve as primary contact and lead for all customized training for TDP specialists and TDP participants with performance management system.
4. Analyze, re-design deploy appropriate established learning and performance solutions for TDP Participants using rapid design and distribution methods (virtual, classroom, blended and multi-media) that best suit audience needs and which tangibly and positively impact performance.
5. Facilitate appropriate job position placement with operational department management.
6. Track TDP Participant progress and conduct extensive follow-up.
7. Build and maintain a resource library of occupational information and opportunities, as well as career and educational offerings at colleges, seminars, training classes, professional services, etc.
8. Assist and works on specific projects under the direction of the Tribal Development Program Manager.
9. Ensure 30/60/90 check points with new Participants are performed timely and accurately.
10. Assist in the planning and organization of TDP training programs.
11. Create, customize, and manage individualized Learning Plans for TDP Participants within online performance management system.
12. Proactively work with Participants and applicable designees to identify training and development needs on an individual and group basis.
13. Obtain, develop and facilitate TDP training programs.
14. Design and develop training tools within planned budgets and deadlines.
15. Assess training effectiveness using evaluation tools.
16. Research and recommend external solutions where needed, providing coordination with internal and external representatives when used.
17. Perform quality reviews of curriculum content and materials, making changes as needed to support continuous improvement.
18. Provide input to Tribal Development Program Management for strategic and budget planning with regard to the training.
19. Maintain accurate Participant records including training requests, training provided, attendance records and expense tracking.
20. Smile and engage with guests in a friendly, professional manner.
21. Create, develop and facilitate a positive work environment.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS (required/preferred):
• Professional and Career Development Assessment Certifications: MBTI, FIRO-B, and Strong Interest Inventory required.
• CPLP and/or NCDA Certification preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required/preferred):
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Associate’s Degree and professional certification in combination with extensive (+5 years) specific career development and professional development experience in gaming industry may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
• Two (2) years’ experience in career development, career counseling, workplace training, adult learning and instructional design or related required.
• Tribal gaming experience required.
TESTING REQUIRED: All tests are distributed in person at the Human Resources’ office. All testing must be completed by or before posting close date.
• Typing/Keyboard (@45+wpm)
MS Office Suite
ADDITIONAL TESTING REQUIRED: Performance interview and additional testing requested by TDP Management for qualified applicants passing initial interview process.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Advanced knowledge of modern principles of adult learning techniques, behavior modification, work-readiness, professional development and facilitation.
• Exceptional written and oral communication, including training facilitation.
• Advanced knowledge of learning assessment, design development, implementation and evaluation using different media.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, graphic and presentation software and implementation of effective programming and related documentation.
• Strong knowledge of LMS and performance evaluation software utilization and analytics.
• Demonstrate skillful ability to design and deliver high quality learning opportunities to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Advanced knowledge of professional career coaching and counseling methodologies and resources. Exceptional interpersonal relationship development and maintenance with all levels of participants.
• Proficient project management and delegation skills.
• Work with, maintain and protect confidential materials and information.
• Represent Muckleshoot Casino in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
• Facilitate effective group interaction and development.
• Develop presentations and ideas for individuals or groups.
• Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills and pragmatic judgment by identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues using conflict management techniques where needed.
• Work professionally with diverse individuals.
• Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Organizational skills, including planning, multi-tasking, time management and follow-through.
• Listen effectively and accept feedback.
• Work with limited supervision, moving projects forward
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time, talk, and hear.
• Frequently required to climb stairs, crouch, kneel, squat, bend at the waist, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to grasp, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
•The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Some essential functions of the job performed within a smoking environment.
• Monitored by surveillance cameras.
Place Your Ad
Contact Blue Earth Marketing to place your job ad or notice today!
Tribal Land Enterprise - Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director
The Suquamish Tribe - Human Services Director
Moapa Paiute - Tribal Police Chief & Sergeant
Muckleshoot Casino - TDP Sr. Specialist
Muckleshoot Casino - Workplace Skills & Resources Specialist
The Suquamish Tribe - Administration Department Executive Director
National Indian Education System - Legislative Director
National Indian Education Association - Educational Specialist
National Indian Education Association - Executive Administrative Assistant
Moapa Band of Paiutes - Senior Finance Officer
Twin Pine Casino & Hotel - Controller
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP - Associate Attorney
Bishop Paiute Tribe - Job Openings
The Winnebago Comprehensive Healthcare System Position Openings
Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes - Director of Financial Management
Sonosky, Chambers Seeks 2019 Summer Associates
Intertribal Court of Southern California - Tribal Court Administrator
Native American Rights Fund Alaska Fellow
Contact Blue Earth Marketing, email@example.com, to place your job ad or notice