Muckleshoot Casino - Workplace Skills & Resources SpecialistFacebook Twitter Google+ Email
Posted: July 12, 2018
Develop, design, implement and facilitate robust programming for pre-employment, or transitional workplace skills development under the guidelines and structure of the Tribal Development Program. Provide engaging, interactive training and activities that develop abilities for adults that will support and aid their transition or re-entry into the workplace.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Assess training needs, then plan, organize, and facilitate Skills Training Orientation, program workshops and skill based training for participants.
3. Identify, adapt, and deliver curriculum related to pre-employment skills, work ethic development, career pathway planning, and other necessary skills related to employment. Create and develop training manuals, guides and course materials within planned budgets and deadlines.
4. Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and/or lectures.
5. Conduct skills assessments and monitor participant progress. In cooperation with TDP management and professional program resources, work with participants to identify barriers to successful employment and counsel participants to resolve/mitigate barriers to achieving short and long term goals.
6. Schedule Workplace Skills and Resources workshops.
7. Perform quality reviews of curriculum content and materials, making changes as needed to support continuous improvement.
8. Assess training effectiveness using established evaluation tools.
9. Research and recommend external solutions and resources where needed, providing coordination with internal and external representatives.
10. Provide a system of feedback, coaching, mentoring, networking, and peer assessment.
11. Maintain a resource library of workplace skills workshop information, as well as career, educational and professional services resources.
12. Engage Casino management to support work-based learning opportunities.
13. Provide input for strategic and budget planning.
14. Maintain accurate workplace skills workshop records.
15. Assist with special projects and/or events as directed.
16. Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
17. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS (required/preferred):
• Professional and Career Development Assessment Certifications: MBTI, FIRO-B, and Strong Interest Inventory preferred.
• CPLP and/or NCDA Certification preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required/preferred):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Communications, Counseling, Sociology, Social Work, Education Psychology, or closely related field required.
• Three (3) years’ successful experience in workforce development, adult-learning, and instructional design required.
• Gaming industry experience preferred.
TESTING REQUIRED: All tests are distributed in person at the Human Resources’ office. All testing must be completed by or before posting close date.
• Typing/Keyboard (@45+wpm)
MS Office Suite
ADDITIONAL TESTING REQUIRED: Performance interview and additional testing requested by TDP Management for qualified applicants passing initial interview process.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• Demonstrate ability to make logical and judicious decisions and provide workable solutions to problems, weigh alternative decisions and reduce outcome risks.
• Knowledge of foundational and modern principles of adult learning techniques, development and facilitation skills appropriated for promoting different types of interactive and experiential learning.
• Progressive written and oral communication skills.
• Proven knowledge of adult work skills assessment, design development, implementation and evaluation, using various media alternatives.
• Advanced experience and knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Publisher, Power Point, and other relevant graphic and video software to include Adobe Illustrator
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills, including the ability to use collaborative approaches to build support for objectives, build positive relationships within and outside the workshop program.
• Work with and maintain confidential materials and information.
• Goal and result oriented; meet time commitments and follow through to task/job completion.
• Effective and timely dissemination of information, strong work ethic, output, and capacity for responsibility.
• Facilitate effective group interaction and team development.
• Deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Identify problems, determine possible solutions, facilitate effective conflict resolution techniques and actively work to resolve the issues.
• Proven ability to successfully work with diverse individuals.
• Organizational skills, including planning, multi-tasking, time management and follow-through.
• Listen effectively and accept feedback.
• Provide deliverables with limited supervision.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, talk, for extended periods of time, and hear.
• Occasionally required to walk, crouch, bend at the waist, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to grasp, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
• The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up thirty (30) pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Some essential functions of the job performed within a smoking environment.
• Monitored by surveillance cameras.
Place Your Ad
Contact Blue Earth Marketing to place your job ad or notice today!
Tribal Land Enterprise - Chief Financial Officer & Executive Director
The Suquamish Tribe - Human Services Director
Moapa Paiute - Tribal Police Chief & Sergeant
Muckleshoot Casino - TDP Sr. Specialist
Muckleshoot Casino - Workplace Skills & Resources Specialist
The Suquamish Tribe - Administration Department Executive Director
National Indian Education System - Legislative Director
National Indian Education Association - Educational Specialist
National Indian Education Association - Executive Administrative Assistant
Moapa Band of Paiutes - Senior Finance Officer
Twin Pine Casino & Hotel - Controller
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP - Associate Attorney
Bishop Paiute Tribe - Job Openings
The Winnebago Comprehensive Healthcare System Position Openings
Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes - Director of Financial Management
Sonosky, Chambers Seeks 2019 Summer Associates
Intertribal Court of Southern California - Tribal Court Administrator
Native American Rights Fund Alaska Fellow
Contact Blue Earth Marketing, email@example.com, to place your job ad or notice