California Indian Nations College - Academic Coordinator – Adult and Supplemental EducationFacebook Twitter Email
Posted: November 27, 2019
Job Title: Academic Coordinator – Adult and Supplemental Education
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
FLSA Classification: Exempt or Non-exempt (Full-time or part-time)
Created / Updated: November 6, 2019
California Indian Nations College (CINC) announces the position of Academic Coordinator who will be responsible for carrying out planned instruction, satisfactory implementation of college curriculum as applicable to the position. Candidates must be able to develop the program(s) from the ground up in collaboration with multiple parties, interests and partner institutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Teaching courses for CINC including but not limited to workshops and GED courses
• Serving as the instructor for the supplemental instruction program
• Tracking student progress and attendance
• Recruiting and retaining students
• Maintaining files and records
• Complying with FERPA standards
• Preparing and implementing academic grants
• Student advising
• Maintaining a positive, upbeat manner; promoting and exemplifying College values and representing departmental objectives and interests to staff, students, faculty, and potential students
• Following up on complaints, questions, and concerns; responding to internal/external potential or current student needs in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner
• Complying with established safe work practices and attending to all safety-related training provided or made available by the College.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 1 year of experience and a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with adult students
• Experience working with GED instruction curriculum
Required Technical / Other Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Google Docs and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word
• Strong academic skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive attitude
• Must be sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of tribal and community colleges
• Must also be understanding of the ability and disability of students
• Ability to communicate clearly with others
• Knowledge of teaching and learning theories
• Experience with tribal education
• Experience with online and distance education
• Qualified Native American applications strongly encouraged to apply
The physical demands described on the attached “Physical Demands of Position” chart are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. See attached “Physical Demands of the Position”.
This position has access to confidential information – such as student records.
This position may require travel.
Place Your Ad
Contact Blue Earth Marketing to place your job ad or notice today!
Center for Rural Affairs - Community Food Associate
Fort Belknap Indian Community - Chief Administration Officer (C.A.O), Chief Financial Officer (C.F.O), Chief Judge, Chief of Police
Native American Rights Fund - Major Gifts Officer
Sonosky, Chambers, Sachse, Endreson, & Perry LLP - Litigation Associate
Intertribal Court of Southern California - Tribal Court Administrator
Contact Blue Earth Marketing, email@example.com, to place your job ad or notice