Jacobson Law Group - Associate AttorneyFacebook Twitter Email
Posted: May 18, 2020
The Jacobson Law Group (Jacobson, Magnuson, Anderson & Halloran, P.C., the “Firm”) seeks an Associate Attorney for a shareholder-track position at a collegial firm with a national reputation for excellence in providing legal services to Indian tribes, and non-Indian commercial interests on Indian-law issues. Founded in 1983, the Firm prides itself on its responsiveness to client needs, efficiency of service, and expansive expertise in Indian law.
Qualifications for candidates include:
• Excellent legal writing and research skills;
• Superior communication skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of tribal and federal Indian law;
• Strong academic performance;
• Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school; Commitment to working in Indian Country; and
• Willingness and ability to work on a broad range of transactional and litigation matters. In addition, it is strongly preferred that candidates possess the following skills and experience:
o Discovery, motion practice, and trial experience in tribal, federal, or state court, and/or in administrative proceedings;
o Drafting legislation, ordinances, and/or regulations, whether for tribes or other governments; and
o Experience advising tribal or other governments on a day-to-day basis.
• Relevant practice experience;
• Licensed and in good standing in Minnesota or another state, with the expectation that the candidate will become admitted in Minnesota promptly after beginning work.
Members of federally-recognized Indian tribes are encouraged to apply. Compensation package includes a competitive salary, bonus potential, and excellent benefits.
Applicants should email a cover letter, résumé, writing sample (10 or fewer pages), and any salary requirements to Joseph Halloran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 5:00 CST on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Place Your Ad
Contact Blue Earth Marketing to place your job ad or notice today!
Jacobson Law Group - Associate Attorney
American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association (AIANTA) - Regional Outreach Coordinator
Twelve Clans Unity Hospital - Clinical Director
Big Fire Law - Litigation Attorney
Center for Rural Affairs - Community Food Associate
Fort Belknap Indian Community - Chief Administration Officer (C.A.O), Chief Financial Officer (C.F.O), Chief Judge, Chief of Police
Native American Rights Fund - Major Gifts Officer
Sonosky, Chambers, Sachse, Endreson, & Perry LLP - Litigation Associate
Intertribal Court of Southern California - Tribal Court Administrator
Contact Blue Earth Marketing, email@example.com, to place your job ad or notice