Native Communities ManagerFacebook Twitter Email
Posted: July 30, 2020
The Center for Rural Affairs is a dynamic, energetic non-profit organization working to build a better rural future that includes all groups of people and helps to ensure access to genuine opportunity no matter where you live. We’ve done this work for more than 40 years and we do it from rural places. Our work creates opportunities for beginning farmers, new business owners, and first-time advocates. Our compassionate, mission-driven staff who work to put rural communities, stewardship, and the next generation at the forefront fuel the Center’s work. Additional information can be found at www.cfra.org.
The Center for Rural Affairs is hiring a Native Communities Manager within the Farm & Community Program. This role oversees current projects with two Nebraska Native American Tribes, along with expanding to others. The projects include food security, health and nutrition outreach and education, as well as early stage small business development. The Native Communities Manager reports to the Farm & Community Director.
This is a full-time exempt position located in Lyons, Walthill, or Hartington, Nebraska. This position may require day trips by car and some occasional overnight travel. For the right candidate, some work from home may also be possible. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist the Farm & Community Director (FCD) in the management of all project activities for the Center's Native American initiatives, and with program strategy development and implementation.
· Identify and develop opportunities for partnerships and new ventures in current and potential project communities, as well as foster current partnerships within the communities.
· Build and maintain positive, collaborative internal relationships as well as external relationships with community leaders and partners.
· Assist the FCD with directing a team of full-time and seasonal staff, as well as contractors, who lead and/or conduct project activities.
· Provide direction, feedback, and recognition to team members through weekly 1 on 1s, quarterly conversations, and annual performance reviews.
· Support and manage activities, training, and events to achieve project objectives while ensuring that expenses and activities align with grant and funder expectations.
· Communicate and report on program activities, performance, and trends to FCD regularly.
· Assist the FCD to develop a marketing strategy, create outreach materials for the project, and manage media needs related to activities, serving as a first point of contact. Collaborate with experts and local organizations to promote projects and activities.
· Lead and contribute to fundraising efforts, such as grant writing, to support project activities.
· Prepare and deliver presentations highlighting program activities, outcomes, and success stories.
· Ability to evaluate, encourage, and coach direct reporting staff.
· Strong organizational, planning, delegation, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail; ability to apply innovate approaches to problem solving and visioning around emerging topics.
· Experience with project, data and grant management.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of individuals and values differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and social-economic circumstances.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders effectively.
· Experience working in rural communities, on reservations, or with Native American governments or Tribal organizations. Tribal enrollment or understanding of membership a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
· Reliability and trustworthiness; ability to demonstrate a high degree of discretion and maintain confidential information.
· Knowledge or experience with agricultural production, health/nutrition, or small business development.
· Willingness to travel within the state of Nebraska on a regular basis and outside the state as needed.
· For the right candidate, would consider relevant experience different from the preferred qualifications.
Interested individuals can apply by sending a cover letter that describes your experiences with Native Communities, working with tribes and/or being a member of a tribe, your management experience with staff, projects, and grants. Please describe how your experiences uniquely fit for this role. Also include your resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
Place Your Ad
Contact Blue Earth Marketing to place your job ad or notice today!
Program Officer, Native Arts & Cultures
Native American Rights Fund - Communications Director
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation - Administrative Director of Social Services
Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana - Chief Financial Officer
Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana - Request for Proposal (RFP) for Grant-Writing Services
StrongHearts Native Helpline - Chief Financial Officer
StrongHearts Native Helpline - Training Coordinator
StrongHearts Native Helpline - Advocate Shift Leads
StrongHearts Native Helpline - Advocates
StrongHearts Native Helpline - IT Manager
StrongHearts Native Helpline - Data Assistant
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP - Litigation Attorney
Fort Belknap Indian Community Tribal Health Administration - Request For Proposal
Hoh Indian Tribe Request for Proposals
Jacobson Law Group - Associate Attorney
American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association (AIANTA) - Regional Outreach Coordinator
Twelve Clans Unity Hospital - Clinical Director
Big Fire Law - Litigation Attorney
Center for Rural Affairs - Community Food Associate
Fort Belknap Indian Community - Chief Administration Officer (C.A.O), Chief Financial Officer (C.F.O), Chief Judge, Chief of Police
Native American Rights Fund - Major Gifts Officer
Sonosky, Chambers, Sachse, Endreson, & Perry LLP - Litigation Associate
Intertribal Court of Southern California - Tribal Court Administrator
Contact Blue Earth Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org, to place your job ad or notice