indianz.com your internet resource indianz.com on facebook indianz.com on twitter indianz.com on Google+ indianz.com on soundcloud
phone: 202 630 8439
Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP
Advertise on Indianz.Com
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Free for All
 Soooooooooo, thinking about movie channels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Tweet
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Luke
Elder

USA
9037 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  12:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have the usual $49.00 Dishnetwork that again has ballooned to $79.00 and this last month went up to $119.00...Soooooo, we are thinking of using just Netflix and possibly adding Hulu or Amazonmovies or both...anyone here use Hulu or Amazon? How are they? Do they cost much? As you all know they won't let anyone know cost unless you sign up for the "Free" 30 day trial offer...I would like to know what they cost before I sign on anything...so any help out there?

"Tell them in Washington. If they can find one honest man, send him to me. I will listen."
Sitting Bull-1872
Hunkpapha Lakota

When you see her...tell her it wasn't her fault...he was just a hard man.

Naiche
Elder

USA
8359 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  12:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alas I dont have high tech interface or I have that free channels with rabbit ears and hairs. At the home we dont get out much

Edited by - Naiche on 02/08/2016 12:50:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tiri2
Elder

1264 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  11:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our daughter just got my husband Hulu for his birthday, all different series on there. Don't know what she paid for it, but Google says with commercials it's 7.99 and without commercials 11.99 per month.
Go to Top of Page

John Luke
Elder

USA
9037 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  10:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netflix takes soooooo long to load too and they seldom add new movies...most we already have on DVD. Guess I'll try Hulu and see what happens...thanks all. Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!

"Tell them in Washington. If they can find one honest man, send him to me. I will listen."
Sitting Bull-1872
Hunkpapha Lakota

Go to Top of Page

SneakySnake
Elder

USA
1530 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  11:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, I have netflix and hulu and they are both about the same. Except you can pay a coupla dollars less on hulu and get commercials. For a dollar or two kinda defeats the purpose. I also have dish and I never watch it but my wife and son are both handicapped and they threatened to kill me if I got rid of it. Now that or direct never put anything new on. Direct costs a lot more than dish but they are both about the same. To hell with all these distractions we need to get out more and guit watching the boob tube, unless it's a real boob tube. LOL

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced
Go to Top of Page

John Luke
Elder

USA
9037 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2016 :  3:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here with the missus and kids Sneaky...wife just had a shoulder operation this morning. She's had a bad shoulder since I met her when she was a High School Cheerleader...rotator cup replacement. I'll be walking on eggshells for awhile but that's okay with me!I came home and the g-kids were setting up the drumset but lucky I got home in time...when she gets back Saturday she'll need some sleep time...

Sitting Bull-1872
Hunkpapha Lakota

Go to Top of Page

-thunder
Tribal Chair

Cambodia
937 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2016 :  12:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My roommate has Hulu and I use it from time to time. It's not too bad, but there are commercials. Lot's of tv on Hulu, but the movies are limited. I have a ps4 and that has a browser which I watch youtube and some streaming sites to watch stuff.
Rabbit ears and the internet makes tv super cheap these days.
Go to Top of Page

John Luke
Elder

USA
9037 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  3:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would be nice if Hulu would put on their site that Dishnetwork is not supported by Hulu...would save a lot of time and effort...

Sitting Bull-1872
Hunkpapha Lakota

Go to Top of Page

John Luke
Elder

USA
9037 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  10:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone here try out the new SlingTV yet? Just checked out their site and it seems pretty good for $40.00 a month...wonder if it'll really stay at that rate???

Sitting Bull-1872
Hunkpapha Lakota

Go to Top of Page

Moot
Elder

USA
2340 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  7:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a converter box, and an antenna and an old t.v. so I pick up what local channels broadcast, for free. They just added some channels. I miss dish or direct t v, but it's just too expensive. I hear amazon fire stick t. v. is good, but need a smart t.v.
Go to Top of Page

Nativebadass
Elder

US
1195 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2017 :  09:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nativebadass's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We tried a Roku but with having to also pay for internet and channels we wanted it was more expensive than basic cable and basic cable had more channels.

Living That Life, Some Consider A MYTH
Go to Top of Page

wolflodge
Elder

4398 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2017 :  12:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazon Prime has lots of TV shows and movies. They started a new thing last year where you can get Prime and pay monthly instead of having to pay upfront for the year. You do have to pay attention to which ones are free and which ones they charge to watch.
I pay $11.99 a month but I haven't watched any shows on it yet. I mostly have it to get the Prime 2 day free shipping when I order from Amazon.
My daughter has Netflix and I know her log in info so I can use that to watch movies and stuff too.
I have DTV, yeah its pricey but I hate Comcast for cable. I do have Comcast/Xfinity internet including wifi, got it for $9.95 a month thru Internet Essentials.

Mutant Wolf

Queen Bi tch Of The Universe

RedlineJewelry

https://www.facebook.com/RedlineJewelry?fref=ts

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedlineJewelry?ref=pr_shop_more
Go to Top of Page

Moot
Elder

USA
2340 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  07:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have Comcast/Xfinity internet including wifi, got it for $9.95 a month thru Internet Essentials. >>> Good Lord, that's cheap.I pay out the wazoo for phone (land line) and internet. There is only one phone carrier here for land lines.
I'm so not technical.
I've wondered how good Amazon Prime is.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Indianz.Com © Indianz.Com Go To Top Of Page