• S.919, A bill to amend the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act to provide further self-governance by Indian tribes, and for other purposes. The committee held a hearing on January 29.Committee Notice:
• S.1447, A bill to make technical corrections to certain Native American water rights settlements in the State of New Mexico, and for other purposes. The committee held a hearing on Septmber 10, 2013.
• S.1574, A bill to amend the Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992 to facilitate the ability of Indian tribes to integrate the employment, training, and related services from diverse Federal sources, and for other purposes. The committee held a hearing on April 2.
• S.2041, A bill to repeal the Act of May 31, 1918, and for other purposes. The committee held a hearing on May 7.
• S.2188, A bill to amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes. The committee held a hearing on May 7.
Business Meeting to consider the following legislation (June 11, 2014) Related Stories:
Senate Indian Affairs Committee schedule for month of June (06/05)
Audio from Senate Indian Affairs Committee hearing on five bills (05/07)
Senate Indian Affairs Committee to hold hearing on Carcieri fix (05/05)
Dave Palermo: Lobbyists battle on fix to land-into-trust ruling (4/30)
Law Article: DOI takes diligent approach with land-into-trust (03/19)
DOI addresses Carcieri land-into-trust decision in legal opinion (03/13)
Join the Conversation